Thursday, October 9, 2008

Fall Colorado Fun!!

We went to Denver/Winter Park Colorado for Conference weekend. We had the best time!! It was the perfect way to start off the fall season. My parents live in Denver, but have a fun, nice cabin in Winter park, Colorado. We spent 3 days up in the cabin! We loved being in the beautiful outdoors enjoying the mountains, fall trees, walking in secret trails way back in the trees & and along rivers and ponds, Playing at the park near my parents house, going on bike rides, fall scenic drives, getting cozy in the cabin near the fire, eating yummy fall meals and pumpkin pie, and watching conference! The weather there was exactly what fall weather should be...Crisp, cool air, cool enough to get bundled up when going outside. And then cool enough to where you want to run in the cabin and curl up and get warm and cozy with hot chocolate and a nice fire!! Carter and Sawyer had the time of their lives. They were all smiles with all the fun stuff we did. Sawyers little personality came out even more this past week, he was hamming it up the whole time...such a happy baby and so fun to be around. THe boys love their Grammy and Papa! We are so glad that we came out. Jono had to go home earlier for work, but the boys and I stayed till Wednesday. There will be more pics to come from the rest of our trip!






Cheesin' it up for the camera while hanging out during conference

Tractor time!

alt=""id="BLOGGER_PHOTO_ID_5255398507038726690" />




sudden snow storm on our way down the mountain back to Denver! Snow in the fall...so fun!!

eating fresh white snow that papa got off the side of the road

9 comments:

Carpfam said...

Cute pictures! Sounds like a perfect Fall vacation, especially from the 100 degree heat last week! I'm so late telling you but I'm so excited for you baby news! Hope you're feeling good, you look great!

Mom said...

I loved every heavenly moment spent with you and your beautiful family.
The pictures we took will help me revisit our time together, over and over. I love you all. Thanks for coming!

Amy said...

It looks so gorgeous there. I love all of the pictures I especially love the firt one of Jono and boys how cute is that. I hope you are feeling good I have not talked to you. Tell Jack hi.

Samye said...

What beautiful fall weather!! Looks like you guys had a blast- how fun!!

the waites said...

SO beautiful! I love that your all bundled up. Did you get a new camera?? So I finally got Disneyland passes so we need to go!

Mema and PaPa said...

Shelly what beautiful Colorado country. How fun for you Californians to experience Fall AND some snow. Looks like all of you Collins' had a fun time. I loved seeing how much Sawyer has grown-- his cheesy smile rocks--he is so adorable---just like the whole family. I miss you ALL. ILYT oxoxo

Amanda said...

Your boys are adorable. How fun to be able to spend some time with your parents and enjoy the fall weather that San Diego usually seems to lack! I love little Sawyer's Beatles shirt... where did you get that?

Alyse said...

Shelly! You are SUCH a great photographer! What kind of camera do you have? And your little boys are SO adorable! seriously. I can't wait for you to find out what you are having for number 3- hopefully a girl! =)

Julie said...

I love these pics! It looks like you guys had so much fun! I love the name "grammy", that is so cute!